We already have a dedicated repo of the Android USB drivers from different OEMs. If you own a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet device, this article is just for you. We’ll not only be providing the link to download the latest Samsung USB driver for your Galaxy device but will describe detailed steps to install the latest USB driver and Samsung Smart Switch on your Windows PC. The USB driver versions listed below are compatible with 64-bit and 34-bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP.
If you own an Android device, it is mandatory for you to install the proper USB driver if you want to browse the files and media stored on your smartphone using your computer. Without a compatible USB driver on your PC, you won’t be able to perform tasks like executing ADB and Fastboot commands via Android SDK Platform-tools. Not only that, even if you want to install stock firmware binaries, or flash custom recoveries and kernels using Samsung Odin, you would require Samsung USB driver installed beforehand.
Download Samsung USB Driver (All Versions)
Below, you can find the latest Samsung USB driver for Windows. Besides, you can also download the older versions of the driver in you need them and have some compatibility issues on your Windows PC.
How to Install Samsung USB Driver
Having downloaded the USB driver from above, you can install it easily on your Windows PC.
- Double-click the Samsung USB driver for mobile phones executable file.
- Click the Next option in MSS InstallWizard for Samsung driver.
- On the next screen, select your preferred language and location.
- You will next be asked to select the location where you want to install the USB driver.
- Finally, click the install button and the driver will be installed on your Windows PC.
- When the Samsung USB driver installation is finished, just click the Finish button and you’re all done!
You have successfully installed the USB Driver on your Windows PC. Just restart your PC and the newly installed USB driver will start functioning.
Samsung USB Driver Compatibility
I already mentioned above that the USB driver is compatible with Windows 10 and all other older versions of the OS (32-bit and 64-bit). As for Samsung smartphone or tablet compatibility, the work for all Galaxy devices. To mention just a few, check out the list below:
- Galaxy S20/S20 Plus/ S20 Ultra
- Galaxy Flip
- Galaxy Note 10/Note 10 Plus
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus
- Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus
- Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge
- Galaxy A10/A20/A30/A50/A51/A70/A71/A90
- Galaxy M10/M10S/M20/M30/M30S/M40/M31
- Galaxy J1/J2/J4/J5/J6/J7
- Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
- Galaxy Tab 7.7
- Galaxy Tab 8.9
- Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Galaxy Tab 2
- Galaxy Tab 3/Tab 3 Lite
- Galaxy Tab 4
- Galaxy Tab Pro
- Galaxy Tab S
- Galaxy Tab A
- Galaxy Tab E
- Galaxy Tab S2
- Galaxy TabPro S
- Galaxy Tab A 7.0/ 10.1
- Galaxy Tab S3
- Galaxy Tab S4
- Galaxy Tab S5e
- Galaxy Tab A 10.1
- Galaxy Tab A 8.0
- Galaxy Tab S6
Download Samsung Smart Switch for Windows and Mac
Please note that Samsung does not release the USB driver for macOS or Linux. Just connect your Samsung phone or tablet to your Linux or Mac computer and your device should be detected automatically. Alternatively, you can install Samsung Smart Switch on your Windows PC or macOS computer. Smart Switch installs the latest Samsung USB Driver on your Windows PC or laptop and works with Mac as well.
Steps to Install Smart Switch
- Download the SmartSwitchPC_setup from above and double-click the executable file.
- Once it’s installed, you will be greeted by the following screen asking you to connect your Samsung device to your computer.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy device to your Windows or macOS computer.
- You can now backup or restore your device’s data or sync it with Outlook.
- By clicking on the More button, you can set your preferences and even install the latest Samsung USB driver.
Samsung USB driver and Smart Switch are essential for any Samsung Galaxy phone, or Galaxy Tab user. Just install them and let us know if you have any questions or you need any assistance with anything related to Samsung devices.