Enabling Two-Step Verification gives you an extra level of security. And it is becoming much more important to do so, considering the rise in issues related to data privacy and leaks. Therefore in this guide, we will be detailing the steps to enable the Two-Step Verification in the Telegram app. Initially, if you log in to the Telegram app, you will just be required to provide the OTP. However, after enabling the two-factor authentication process, you’ll also have to enter a password for a successful login.
Although Telegram is itself regarded as among the most secure instant messaging platform, yet adding an additional layer of security will only do more good to it. With that said, here are the steps to enable the Two-Step Verification in the Telegram app. Also, here are the steps do it on the Twitter app.
Enable Two-Step Verification in Telegram
On apps like Facebook and LinkedIn, you could either add an additional password or use some of the third-party apps like Authy or Google Authentication app. However, Telegram doesn’t take into account any additional app for enabling the two-factor authentication. With that said, here are the instructions. On that note, also refer to our guide to Enable Two-Step Google Verification to Secure Your Gmail Account.
Steps to Follow
- Head over to the Telegram app on your device.
- Tap on the hamburger icon and go to Settings.
- Next, head over to Privacy and Security and go to the Security section.
- Under that, tap on Telegram’s Two-Step Verification > Set Additional Password.
- Enter the desired password of your choice, and re-enter it once to confirm your choice.
- Next, enter a Password Hint, followed by a Recovery Email ID. This is required in case you forget your password.
- Finally, to complete Telegram’s Two-Step Verification setup, enter the code that you have just received on your email.
That is all for this guide. You could also change this password, change your recovery ID or turn off the password. All this could be done from the Two-Step Verification option in the Telegram app itself. If you still face any issues executing the above steps, do let us know in the comments section below.