I just shared the latest Nokia Online Service Tool v6.2.8 with detailed steps to patch it with the crack file. Once you have installed the Nokia OST Tool on your computer, you can easily flash the stock ROM or firmware with .nb0 and .mlf extension on the Nokia phones. Whether you own a Nokia 9 PureView, Nokia 8 Sirocco, Nokia 7.2. Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 6.1, Nokia 5.1 Plus, Nokia 4.2, or any other Nokia smartphone, this tutorial is just for you.
Nokia OST Tool is a very simple firmware flash tool like Samsung Odin. In normal circumstances, you might never need to flash a stock ROM on your Nokia phone. Since Nokia devices come with the stock Android or Android One ROM, they get speedy updates. However, in certain situations, you might want to install the stock firmware.
Nokia OST Tool Update Options
The Nokia Online Service Tool offers a range of options that let you customize your Nokia firmware installation as per your preference.
- Normal Download
- Emergency Download
- Erase user data
- Erase error data
- Switch SKUID
- Only backup NV
- Erase FRP
- Unlock Screen Lock
- Check System AP Status
Using these firmware update options, you can flash the stock ROM on your Nokia phone.
- To manually update the software of your Nokia device.
- You can unroot your phone by installing the stock firmware.
- If you have installed a custom ROM or recovery, you can return your device to stock.
- You can flash the stock ROM to fix a boot loop.
- To erase all user data and settings for a clean installation of the OS.
- By flashing the stock ROM on your Nokia smartphone, you can also remove FRP or firmware reset protection on your device.
- If you are not able to get past the lock screen on your Nokia phone, you can unlock the screen lock by flashing the firmware using the Nokia OST tool.
- The Nokia Online Service tool has a feature that lets you backup your device’s NV (non-volatile) data that contains sensitive information like the IMEI, Serial number, Baseband, etc.
Please note that the Nokia OST Tool won’t perform all the above-listed tasks by default. You must select the appropriate options/s carefully while flashing the stock ROM.
Prerequisites to Flash the Stock ROM
Before you can flash the stock ROM on your Nokia device, here are a few things to download and some preparations to make.
- The first thing you need the stock ROM or flash file for your Nokia phone’s model. Unfortunately, there’s no firmware download tool like Frija for Nokia devices, but you can download Nokia firmware from sites like Easy Firmware, Hikaricalyx, or any other source. If the firmware file you downloaded is a ZIP archive, unzip it to get the .nb0 and .mlf flash file.
- Take a full backup of your apps and data.
- Make sure that your phone is amply charged and has at least 60-70% of battery level.
- Enable USB debugging on your Nokia phone.
- Download the latest Nokia OST Tool (crack) v.6.2.8 and set it up on your Windows PC.
- Since the Nokia Online Service Tool automatically installs the required drivers including the ones listed below, you don’t need to install them separately.
- Nokia Phone USB Driver
- Phone F USB Driver
- Phone M USB Driver
- Please note that to be able to flash the stock ROM on your Nokia phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader. Otherwise, you’ll get ‘SE_ERR_ADB_CMD_GET_FAIL_RESULT’ error. The bootloader unlock command for Nokia devices varies from model to model. You can search online for the command to unlock your Nokia smartphone.
Flash Nokia Stock ROM with Nokia OST Tool
Now that you have installed the Nokia OST Tool and have the firmware file for your phone, you can follow the instructions given below to flash it.
- Launch Nokia Online Service Tool (OST). There are 2 ways to do that.
- Click the Search icon on the Windows taskbar, type “OST LA” and click the Run as administrator option.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA and double-click OnlineUpdateTool.exe.
- When you see the Login screen asking you to type the Account ID and Password, just click the OK button.
- You’ll then be greeted by the Online Service Tool (OST) welcome screen. Click the Next button.
- Now, click the ‘…’ button, navigate to the folder where you have saved the firmware file with .mlf or .nb0 extension and click the Open button to select it.
- It’s time to boot your Nokia device into the Download Mode and connect it to the PC. Some Nokia phones automatically boot into the Download Mode when connected to the PC via USB with Nokia OST Tool open. Of course, the phone needs to be turned off for that. Here’s how you can do that manually.
- Power off your Nokia device.
- Now, connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
- When it starts charging, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time. Keep both the buttons pressed until your phone vibrates and you see a screen with ‘Download Mode‘ written on the top-left corner.
- In case the Next button is not enabled in the Nokia OST Tool, even after connecting your phone to the PC with the Download Mode on, click the Edit Phone Information button. Wait until you get an error message pop-up saying ‘Failed to reboot to FTM mode’. Just ignore that error and click OK. The Next button should now be enabled.
- If you want to install the firmware while retaining your phone’s data, apps and settings, just click the Next button on the Online Service Tool window. In case you want the tool to wipe your phone’s data, erase Firmware Reset Protection (FRP), click the down arrow ‘∨’ icon in the Update Option section. You’ll now have a range of options to select. Be careful while making a choice. For a normal clean installation, just select the Erase error data option.
- When you have added the stock ROM to the OST Tool and selected the suitable update option, click the Next button to initiate the firmware flashing.
- All you need to do now is to wait until the firmware file is flashed.
Once the stock ROM is flashed on your Nokia phone, it will reboot automatically with the newly installed firmware.
Supported Nokia Devices
In short, we can say that the stock ROM flashing method described above works with all Nokia devices that are powered by Android. I have still made a list of all major Nokia smartphones on which you can flash stock firmware using the Nokia Online Service Tool.
- Nokia 1
- Nokia 1 Plus
- Nokia 2
- Nokia 2.1
- Nokia 2.2
- Nokia 2.3
- Nokia 3
- Nokia 3.1
- Nokia 3.1 Plus
- Nokia 3.2
- Nokia 4.2
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 5.1
- Nokia 5.1 Plus (X5)
- Nokia 5.3
- Nokia 6
- Nokia 6.1
- Nokia 6.1 Plus (X6)
- Nokia 6.2
- Nokia X71
- Nokia 7
- Nokia 7.1
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Nokia 7.2
- Nokia 8
- Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Nokia 8.1 (X7)
- Nokia 9 PureView
Finally, it’s time to stop typing. I have tried to be as detailed and clear while describing the steps. In case you still have any questions, blurt it out via comments.