Windows 10 comes with the Xbox Game Bar feature that gives users easy access to useful features while gaming. The feature is enabled by default. Therefore, you can bring up the Xbox game bar by the following shortcut — Win + G. However, there are a few other keyboard shortcuts that you can use. Additionally, you can set custom keyboard shortcuts for the Xbox Game Bar. Thus you will not have to remember the default keyboard shortcuts for the Game Bar on Windows 10.
Of course, the custom keyboard shortcuts for Xbox Game Bar will work alongside the default Windows shortcuts. Hence you can use either of the two shortcuts to trigger the activity. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to create and set a custom keyboard shortcut for Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10. Keep in mind that setting up custom keyboard shortcuts might interfere with other shortcuts you may have set up for other applications. Hence double-check that the shortcut isn’t similar to an existing keyboard shortcut on your Windows 10 machine. Nevertheless, without any further ado, let’s check out how to set custom keyboard shortcuts for Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10.
Set custom keyboard shortcuts for Xbox Game Bar
Follow the steps below to set your own shortcuts. Keep in mind that you cannot set a custom keyboard shortcut with the Win key. Therefore, you will have to use any of these three keys — Control, Shift, or Alt along with any other key.
- Launch the Settings menu on your device
- running Windows 10.
- You should see an option labeled Gaming. Select Gaming and then make sure the feature is turned on. If not, simply turn it on by clicking on the Toggle switch.
- The custom keyboard shortcuts for Xbox Game Bar can be set under the Keyboard shortcuts option.
- Simply click on the empty field beside the action you want to set a custom keyboard for.
- You can use a single shortcut such as Alt + G or you can even combine Control + Alt + Shift along with any other key.
- After you have set up your custom keyboard shortcuts for Xbox Game Bar, scroll to the bottom of the list and click on Save.
After you click on Save as mentioned in step 6, you’ll be able to trigger the action using the custom keyboard shortcut. And as we mentioned above, you’ll still be able to use the default keyboard shortcut to trigger any action.
Keyboard shortcuts make it a lot easier to toggle on and off options or trigger an action. Therefore, try setting up a custom shortcut that’s easy to remember. With that being said, the tutorial ends here, it’s fairly simple and we hope you were able to successfully set up custom keyboard shortcuts in the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10.