Snapchat has over 200 million users who use the multimedia messaging app. And while we don’t pay ‘money’ to use the app, like any other social media app, the company monetizes our data. Fortunately, you can customize ad preferences on Snapchat. Therefore you can limit the amount of data the app collects and shares with its ad partners from your profile. Additionally, you can customize your interests to help Snapchat suggest better content tailored for you based on the selected interests.
Of course, this does not mean that you can completely disable ads and promotions within the app. If you choose not to share any data, you would start seeing completely random ads. These ads and would not be linked to your preferences and interests. Hence, only customize and disable ad preferences on Snapchat if you’re okay with seeing stuff you have no interest in. So without any further ado, let’s check out how to customize ad preferences on Snapchat.
Contol Ad Preferences on Snapchat
Customizing your Ad preferences on Snaphcat is fairly easy. Follow the steps below to learn how to control what information you share with Snapchat and third-party ad partners.
- Launch Snapchat on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon located at the top left of the screen.
- Now tap on the Settings icon which should be at the top right of the screen.
- Under the WHO CAN… section in the settings page, tap on Ads and then select Ad Preferences.
- You’ll be able to see three options for sharing information — Audience-Based, Activity-Based, and Third-Party Ad Networks. You can carefully read what each of the three options work.
- To remove the permission to use your information to serve ads based on your activity from either of the three options, simply uncheck the option.
- Then tap on Disable to prevent Snapchat from collecting information for ads.
That’s it. You can disable all ad preferences on Snapchat or any one or two. Although, as we mentioned above, doing this will result in you seeing completely random ads.
Customize Interests on Snapchat
Personalizing your interests on Snapchat will ensure that you see content that you actually are interested in. So check out the steps below to select your interests on Snapchat.
- Tap on your profile icon and then tap on the Settings icon in Snapchat.
- Once again, under the WHO CAN… section tap on Ads.
- Instead of selecting Ad Preferences, tap on Lifestyle & Interests.
- Scroll through the list of interests and select the topics that you’re interested in.
The key here is to only select the topics that you actually are interested in. Based on your selections, you would start seeing content related to what you selected. Moreover, there are a ton of interests on Snapchat to choose from. Therefore, there’s something for everyone. Nonetheless, we hope this guide helps you improve your experience on the multimedia messaging app. Happy Snapchatting!
You may also like: