I recently shared a detailed tutorial describing 2 methods to mirror your iPhone, iPad, or Android device to a Samsung TV. Today, we’ll see how we can View Samsung TV on your iOS (iPhone or iPad) or Android device. All high-end Samsung Smart TVs support this feature. It means you can view the contents like TV channels, OTT videos, and everything that shows on your TV on your ios or Android device.
Using this feature that lets you enjoy the contents of your Samsung TV on your phone, you can watch your TV within the range of your Wi-Fi network. It doesn’t matter if you want to watch a channel or Netflix, PrimeVideo, Disney+, and so on.
If you own a Samsung Smart TV 2019 or 2020 model, your TV should have this feature. If you’re not sure about the year, read my tutorial to check the manufacturing date of your Samsung TV or Samsung smartphone.
Don’t Miss: How to Delete Pre-installed Apps on Samsung TV
View Samsung TV Screen on iOS & Android
Samsung has an app for smartphones that allows users to control their smart devices using their phones. This app is called SmartThings and it’s available for both iOS and Android. You don’t need to have a Samsung Galaxy phone but you would need to create an account with Samsung to use the app.
Okay, let’s see how we can view Samsung TV on Android devices, iPhone, and iPad.
- Download and install the SmartThings app on from Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Make sure that your Android or iOS device and Samsung TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and the connection is stable.
- Open SmartThings and grant it required permissions.
- You’ll then be asked to sign in with your Samsung account. Create a new account if you don’t have an account already.
- Now tap the ‘+’ icon.
- Select Device > TV > Samsung.
- Select your Samsung TV model from the list and configure it. You may need to grant permission on your TV by selecting Allow.
- Once your Samsung Smart TV is added tap the tile assigned to it.
- On the next screen, you will see a TV remote interface.
- Tap on the 3-dot menu icon and select View TV on Phone. If you want to enjoy the TV sound on your device, select Play TV Sound on Phone.
- You can now view your Samsung TV on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
That’s all for now! If you encounter any problems while trying to view Samsung TV on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device, drop a comment below.
Read Next: How to Update Samsung TV Software Manually
No matter what I do, cannot see “Play TV on phone option on smart things app. I have a 65” Samsung 9 Series TV and the SmartThings app v. 22.214.171.124 loaded on my 2020 iPhone SE. (!?)
After tapping the 3-dot menu icon I do not see “View TV on Phone”
Any suggestions why?
I may be because your Samsung TV doesn’t support this feature.
Anybody know how to tell which ones support this feature. My old one did, but I just replaced it with a 2021 QLED QN43Q60AAFXZA. This was a feature that I used alot.
This feature was removed in a recent Smartthings update and is no longer available.
I just checked it again in Smart things app and the feature to play TV on phone is still there. I got the latest version of the app installed.
“View TV on phone” function is only supported with limited Samsung mobile devices, not Apple
Play TV on phone has always worked on my 2021 Samsung QLED TV (and my Samsung Galaxy S 22 Ultra). It stopped working about 2 weeks ago but all other functions i.e. Smart View, Play TV SOUND on phone etc. work.
I have a QLED from 2021 and it does not work, nothing from TV is mirrored to phone, video or sound.
What is the model of your Samsung QLED TV?