The latest OS from Microsoft beholds tons of goodies within itself. Not only does it manages to score on the UI/UX and performance front, but it also has a pretty decent record when it comes to providing useful functionalities. One of them is the Slide to Shutdown feature. Unknown to many, this cool trick allows you to shut down your PC just by performing a downward swipe on your desktop. Well, this Slide to Shutdown feature exists in the %windir%\System32 directory of your Windows Operating System.
All you have to do is execute that said feature. And there are four different ways of doing so. Let’s have a look at all of these methods to enable the said feature. It goes without saying that you save all your work and make sure the tabs in browsers like Chrome doesn’t have any important opened tabs. Because executing the below steps to enable the Slide to Shutdown feature will completely shut-down the PC and you might lose any unfinished work. On that note, also check out the steps to Enable Compact Performance Manager on Windows 10.
Enable Slide to Shutdown from Start Menu
- Click on the Windows icon to go to the Start Menu.
- Search for the SlideToShutDown program.
- Finally hit Enter. This will bring the Slide to Shutdown feature. Simply drag down that menu to shut down your PC.
Also, here are the steps to Backup & Restore Windows 10 Start Menu Layout. Do check it out as well.
From the Run Dialog Box
- Click on the Windows icon and search for the Run program.
- You could also access it via the Windows+R shortcut key combinations.
- Type in SlideToShutDown and hit Enter.
- This will bring in the Slide to Shutdown feature. All you have to do is perform a downward swipe to turn off your PC.
Don’t Miss: 10 Useful Windows Command Prompt Tricks That You Should be Aware of
Create a Slide to Shutdown Shortcut
This method directly creates a Desktop shortcut. You no longer have to type in and search for the Slide to Shutdown feature every time you wish to use this feature. Although the steps are a little bit complicated, it’s only a one-time effort. With that said, here are the steps to do so.
- Right-click on Desktop and click on New.
- In the subsequent menu, click Shortcut.
- Now you will have to enter the function’s name for which this shortcut needs to be created. Enter SlideToShutDown and click Next.
- Finally, give this shortcut a name. It would be better if you stick to the function’s name. In this guide, we have named it Slide to Shutdown.
- That’s it. Now go ahead and double click on the newly created shortcut to launch the said feature.
With that, we conclude this guide on how to enable the Slide to Shutdown feature using different methods. Will you be using this functionality from now on or the usual method of shutting down your PC from Start Menu still stands your favorite? Do let us know your views in the comments section below.