Thanks to this cool app, anyone can replace the sky in their picture with a cool scenic sky. What’s interesting is that you can achieve some amazing results with this app. The app is really useful since not everyone has the time or money to visit a place that has a marvelous view with a perfect sky.
The app we’re talking about is called PICNIC and it is a free to use app available on the Google Play Store. It comes with a few unique sky filters that you can choose from. Additionally, each filter does not only replace the sky, but it also adds an effect to the image. This effect makes your image with the filtered sky look a lot more real.
Thus if you’re interested in finding learning how to use the app, follow the steps below to get started.
Replace The Sky in Your Photos with PICNIC
Here’s how to begin using the Picnic app to replace the sky in your photos.
- Download and install the app from the section above.
- Launch PICNIC and then either choose to select an image from your gallery or take a picture via the camera app.
- Select an image in which the sky is clearly visible for this to work.
- You would now be able to scroll through the available filters and select the one that works for you. These filters would either replace the sky or add an effect to the sky.
- Additionally, you can control the intensity of the effect by tapping on the cloud or camera lens icon.
- When you’re satisfied with the result, tap on the Download icon in the middle below the filters.
- Your image will automatically be saved in the Gallery or you can find it in the ‘/Pictures/PICNIC‘ folder on your phone.
All the filters on are fairly unique. However, it’s worth noting that not every filter in the app changes or rather adds clouds to the scene. The filters that add clouds to the sky have a tiny cloud icon on the top left of the filter. Thus, if you want to add the cool clouds to your image, make sure to select the filter that has a cloud to replace the sky in your photos.
Xiaomi has added a similar feature this year in its MIUI Gallery application. Thus, if you own a Xiaomi smartphone running the latest MIUI update, then you might not really need to download PICNIC. Here’s how to replace the sky in your images with Xiaomi’s sky filter feature.
Check out: 3 Awesome Photo Editors for Windows 10 You Should Try
Use the sky replacement feature in MIUI
You can find Xiaomi’s sky filter option within the Gallery app itself. Simply open the image you want to replace the sky in and then tap on Edit. Next, select Filter and then scroll to the end and select Sky. You would be able to select from a few different sky filters.
It also allows you to control the intensity of the effect. Thus you can choose to retain a few details of the original sky or you can go all out and replace the entire sky.
Read next: How to Use Store Remix Editor in the Photos App on Windows 10