Making your photos and videos shareable on the social media was the basic idea behind the development of this trending application which we call Instagram. This, originally a mobile-only app, was developed to allow it’s users to upload, edit and share their memorable snaps and videos. But also being a “social network platform”, Instagram has many additional features which extend its use beyond just being used as a tool for entertainment. This application has also attracted people with small business, social media managers and others who might use it as a way to also assist in their work field. Now such users of Instagram have to maintain multiple accounts like one for their personal use and other as a work account. Earlier the application did not provide any such options through which users could access multiple Instagram accounts on one go. The only option was to log out from the current account and again login from the other account which is so cumbersome.
So the developers had an urge to settle this issue up for their users and here they are with your problem resolved. Yes, so if you are a multiple account user of Instagram on Android, triumph because Instagram has got this new feature added to it now, which support managing multiple accounts on your Android operating system.
This feature is available on 7.12.0 version of the Instagram app on Android so you will be required to update the application before proceeding with further steps. Follow the below guide for using multiple Instagram accounts on Android.
Add Another Account in Instagram App for Android
- Launch the Instagram app on your Android device.
- Click on the profile button.
- Now look towards the top right corner, there you will find a three dot button. Tap the button to enter into the settings menu.
- Scroll down the menu. There you will get an option named “Add Account”.
- Tap on the add account button.
- You will be guided to the log in screen.
- Fill up the required information.
- Tap the log in button and you will be signed in with your second/another account.
Switching between Multiple Instagram Accounts on Android
Once you have logged in with multiple Instagram accounts on Android, there will be a need to switch between your accounts. Follow these simple steps to do so.
- Tap the profile thumbnail to go to your current account profile.
- Tap your profile name to open the menu that will contain the list of multiple accounts you are logged into.
- Select the account name you want to swap your current account with.
This was our tutorial to use multiple Instagram accounts on Android. For any queries, drop down a comment below. Share this article on Google+, Instagram and Twitter.