Many iOS 10 users have claimed that after updating their newer iPhones to the latest version of iOS, they have been experiencing strange and weird issues with their devices. They claim that after some usage, their phone just freezes, and gets stuck at the black spinning screen for a very long time. Here is an extract from a concerned iOS 10 user on the official forums:
Been using iOS 10.0.1 for about a week on an iPhone 6 and it’s buggy. The issues below have only occurred since upgrading to iOS 10. Please fix in next release or provide solution.
1. Random black screen with spinning wheel. The upgrade went fine, so not that black screen. But at least daily my phone becomes unresponsive and shows a black screen with spinning wheel. After 5-10 seconds I’m prompted to enter my passcode as if the device has restarted. I’m not the only person experiencing this – and even managed to capture the image below.
2 – I’ve enabled the ‘rest finger to open’ option under home screen accessibility, but this doesn’t always work. Again, about once a day, resting my finger to open results in me being prompted to press the home button to unlock. Each time this has happened I’ve checked and confirmed that the ‘rest finger to open’ option was enabled.
So, a user who was suffering from the same issue came up with a convincing solution.
Fix Black Screen Spinning Bug after iOS 10 Update
- Disconnect your iPhone from any power source whatsoever, and press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously until your iPhone shuts down.
- Connect it to your PC, and wait for a couple of seconds. If your device automatically reboots, then you’re good to go. However, if it doesn’t, follow the steps below.
- Head over to iCloud, and navigate to ‘Devices‘.
- Select your iPhone from the list, and click on ‘Remove From Account‘.
- Lastly, head over to iTunes, and do a full restore.
Great! You’ve now fixed the black spinning screen issue on your newly updated iPhone to iOS 10. We can expect Apple to roll out a bug fix really soon, so hold on to your horses if you think this is a major drawback. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Before you leave, you should also learn how you can disable TouchID on your iPhone.