Being a Windows 10 user, you must be using the Microsoft Edge browser which is Microsoft’s very own Internet browser. This is also an upgrade to the Internet Explorer of the past. However, Internet Explorer is still present as well on Windows 10. Now, you must have had a situation when you want to delete your browser’s history. If you are using Chrome on Windows 10, it is straight-forward. Therefore, we are now going to share the way to delete the entire Microsoft Edge history and clear Cortana data as well.
Also, Redmond-based Microsoft is mostly transparent in terms of privacy. Microsoft has already shared a list of types of information that you can delete on Microsoft Edge. We went forward and took a close look at the list of items that you can delete from your Microsoft Edge’s browser history. Also, the company details all the information about where the history will be stored too. If you are a Cortana user, your browsing history will be stored on Cloud too. Otherwise, all your data will be stored on your PC only. Now, we have mentioned a detailed list of all the items that you can delete from your Microsoft Edge’s browser history
- Browsing history
- Cookies and saved website data
- Cached data and files
- Tabs I’ve set aside or recently closed
- Download history
- Autofill data
- Media licenses
- Website permissions
Now that you have decided to clear your browsing history on Microsoft Edge for Windows 10, we have formed a detailed tutorial for you below. This tutorial will guide you with the way in which you can delete the entire Microsoft Edge browsing history. I have put together a bunch of cool Microsoft Edge tips and tricks that will help you use some of its less-known features.
Deleting Microsoft Edge Browser History
- First of all, you need to open the Microsoft Edge browser on your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
- Now, press Alt+X and the Microsoft Edge Menu will be opened inside your browser as seen below
- Once again, press Alt+H on your keyboard and you will see the History section of the Microsoft Edge browser at the rightmost portion of your screen.
- Now, click on the Clear History button inside the History section of the Microsoft Edge browser. This has been highlighted in the screenshot below for better understanding
- On clicking the Clear History button, you will be presented with a list of options. This list is the type of files that you want to delete from your browsing history. If you don’t want to keep anything, you should tick-mark all the options on this list.
- Now that you have selected everything, you need to click on the Clear button as seen from the screenshot above. This will clear all the history of your Microsoft Edge browser from the day that you first used it.
- Additionally, if you use Cortana and want to delete browsing history from Cortana too, you need to complete a few more steps. For that, you have to click on the “Change what Microsoft Edge knows about me in the cloud” link highlighted in the below screenshot
- On clicking this link, you will be redirected to Microsoft website where you have to log in with your Microsoft account if you are not logged in already. After that, scroll down to the section titled “Cortana’s Notebook” from the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard.
- Click on the Edit Cortana Data button and you will get redirected to a new page where you will see all the information that Cortana has stored about you in the Cloud. On the right side, you will see a Clear your Cortana Data section as highlighted below. Click on that Clear Cortana Data button at the end and all your data from the Cloud will be deleted.
- That is all you need to do. You have just successfully cleared all the data that Microsoft stores about you on your PC as well as on the Cloud.
If you need any help with this tutorial or if you are stuck at any step in this process, make sure to comment below and we will make sure that your problem is solved at the earliest.