DND, or Do Not Disturb allows you to completely silence all the notifications or add some exceptions to it. This feature is available in devices since Android 5.0 Lollipop. In this guide, we will show you how to sync this DND Mode across your various Android devices. So, if you enable or disable the DND on one of your device, automatically all other synced devices will follow the suit.
And for this to take place, you will have to download two apps, Tasker and Join. Tasker is an automation app that allows you to automate or create various tasks, profiles, triggers, scenes and even let you create your own app. You may check our detailed guide on Tasker to know more about it. Let’s now start with the tutorial. Also, do check out our other interesting guide on how to Hide Photos on Android without Using Any App.
Sync DND Across Various Android Devices
To try out the sync of DND across various Android devices, go ahead and download the Tasker and Join apps from the below links. Tasker is a paid app on the Play Store, however, it’s trial/free exists on the website. You may first try out the free version before purchasing it. Whereas, Join is available free on the store. Make sure to download both these apps across all the devices on which you wish to sync DND.
- Download: Tasker Paid (Play Store) | Tasker Trail (Website) | Join (Play Store)
Do note that both these apps require quite a lot of permissions. You may head over to their respective Play Store listings, go to About this app, scroll to the bottom and tap on More next to App permissions and have a look at all the required permissions.
Once you are satisfied with the permissions, go ahead and install both the apps on your device. Done? Head over to the below steps to sync DND across your various Android devices. You could create more such profiles on your own as well using the Tasker app.
Creating the Sync Environment
- Import this Tasker profile to sync DND across various Android devices.
- Once you click on the Import button, Import Data dialog will open. Click on Yes.
- Next, you will have to give the app Do Not Disturb permissions. Enable the toggle under the “Do not disturb” access settings menu.
- Now you will be asked if you wish to enable all the imported profiles right away, reply in the affirmative (i.e. YES). Until you import it right now, you won’t be able to sync DND Profiles across Android devices.
- Finally, Tasker will ask to launch the task named Enable Dnd Sync, click YES.
- Now have a look at the Profiles section under the Tasker app. The newly imported DND profile will be present there.
So that was all about the guide on how to sync DND profiles across various Android devices. Make sure you carry out the above steps on all the devices on which you wish to sync the DND profiles. Also, if you face any issues while setting up the profile, do let us know in the comments section below.