We humans work round the clock performing a various number of tasks every day. Sometime or the other we may miss some event or task which we wanted to complete at a specific. Even most of us maintain a to-do list to overcome this problem. But why are we still maintaining a to-do list? Have you ever thought about it. Well, the world is changing rapidly and way of organizing the tasks are also changing day by day.
A number of apps are available to help us manage our time quite efficiently. You don’t need to maintain a to-do list separately as it is difficult to open each time you want to view the event. Let’s make it much simpler by using Google Calendar to remind you your events as per the schedule. You can create Reminders in Google Calendar to keep track of your to-dos alongside your scheduled events.
Use Reminders in Google Calendar
Google’s Calendar now features a new Reminder system to makes sure that nothing slips through the planned schedule. Google calendar is available in both iOS and Android as well. Its operation is almost same in both the platforms.
You don’t always need someone around to remind you about your events. Let’s start setting up a reminder to assist you.
- Install the latest Google Calendar app in your phone, if it is already installed, then make sure you have the updated one.
- To create a reminder, launch the Google Calendar app. Then you’ll see a small red “+” icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Tap on “+” icon, and you’ll see a small set of text pop up, one asking if you want to create a new Reminder, and the other asking if you want to create a new Event.
- Tap on the Reminder icon and a new window will open on the screen asking for the type of reminder. Choose the one you need. You can find the suggestions for various types of reminders like to call, send SMS, read etc.
- You can also set the date and time in the reminder to remind you. Once you have finished adding date, time and the task, tap on the DONE option on the top right corner.
That’s it. You will get a notification once the clock strikes the time which you have set to remind your task.
If you want to edit your reminder, then tap on the reminder listed in the calendar. You can find the edit icon on the left corner of the screen. Tap on the edit icon and you will get the various option to change the time, date and reminder message. If you have completed the task, then you can also tap on the Mark as done option to remember that you have finished the task.
If you want to delete an existing reminder, then tap on the reminder listed in the calendar. You can find the edit icon on the left corner of the screen. Tap on the edit icon and you will get the various option to change the time, date and reminder message. You can also see a delete option in the bottom left corner of the screen. Tap on the Delete option and on the OK button to delete the reminder.
Simple and amazing. Isn’t it?
Let us know how you manage your daily tasks through your comments in the below comments section.