Given here are the steps to disable the Send to Devices option in Chrome for Web and Android browsers. This was a hidden experimental feature in the earlier builds of Chrome. But beginning with Chrome 77, it has been baked into the browser permanently. For the unknown, this feature lets you send links across all devices synced with the same Google ID. However, if you don’t regularly use this feature, then you could turn off that option as well.
Earlier, all you had to do is simply disable that concerned flag. But now that the feature has moved from the experimental flags section to the stable build, the steps have changed. If you wish to disable the Send to Device option, here are the steps to follow. Instructions for both, the Android and web version is given below, beginning with the former. Also, check out the steps to add events to the calendar using Chrome’s address bar.
Disable Send to Devices Option in Chrome (Android)
- Open Chrome browser on your Android device
- Tap on the overflow menu and head over to Settings.
- Next, tap on Sync and Google services.
- Go to Manage sync and disable the Sync everything option. This is needed so that we could disable the required option.
- Finally, untick the Open Tabs option and restart your Chrome browser once.
That’s it. You have successfully disabled the Send to Devices option in the Chrome browser for Android. Now let us have a look at the steps to do so on its web version. Moreover, have a look at 10 Google Chrome keyboard shortcuts to increase your productivity.
On Chrome (Web)
Given here are the steps to disable the Send to Device option in Chrome’s web version.
- Launch the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Click on the overflow menu and go to Settings.
- Go to the Sync and Google Services option.
- Then go to Manage Sync.
- Under that, toggle off the Sync Everything option. Now just uncheck the Open Tabs option and restart your browser once.
With that, we conclude the guide on how to disable the Send to Device option in the Chrome browser (Android and Web). Having trouble executing the above steps? Let us know in the comments box below.
Read next: Sync Passwords Across Devices with Google Password Manager