Creating hidden files or folders in Windows is a child’s play in the present generation and an equal amount of people know how to view these hidden files. If you really want to hide some files and folders, there are a good number of software which will help you hide the files. But most of these software are premium, so you need to shell out some money to get things done. However, not everyone is willing to afford few nickels for just hiding files.
Luckily there is an option in Windows OS which will help you hide a file or folder that won’t be shown even if you enable the “View hidden files” option from folder options. Since, not many of the users know about this feature, you can use it to hide the files/folders on your PC. Before we start, let me tell you that it is “Extremely” easy to create these Super Hidden File or Folder.Â All you need to do is to create a file or folder and type a simple command to hide it. So, let’s see how we can create a super hidden file in few simple steps.
How to Create a Super Hidden File or Folder
- Create a file or folder somewhere in your PC. In this tutorial, I am creating it on my desktop.
- Open the command prompt on your PC. To do this, press CTRL+R and type cmd in the Run box.
- In the command prompt, type the following command to make your file/folder into a super hidden file/folder.
attrib +s +h C:\Users\Naveen\Desktop\Technastic
In the above command, replace the path of the file with the absolute path of the file you want to hide on your PC.
- Now navigate to the path where you’ve created the file and voila the file won’t show up even with hidden files enabled on your PC.
- To unhide the file again, use the below command. (Replace the path in the below command)
attrib -s -h C:\Users\Naveen\Desktop\Technastic
- That’s it! You’ve successfully made your file/folder visible.
So, Is this method Fool-Proof?
Well, as I’ve already mentioned, this method is not fool-proof but it works with most of the people. There is a simple trick to expose your super hidden file if someone knew the exact location where you’ve created the file. To expose the file, just open the folder options on your PC and uncheck the “Hide protected Operating System files” and click OK.
However, most of the normal users mightÂ take a back step after seeing this alarming warning on the PC. So, you’ll be safe to some extent.
That’s it. Let us know how does this simple trick helped you out.