Recently, the Google Voice app was redesigned for iOS and a new look along with some great new features was included in the app. One of the best features emerging from this update is to sign up for a new Google Voice number within the app. Before, we go any further on how to set up Google Voice on iPhone let us first understand what actually Google Voice is.
What Actually is Google Voice?
Google Voice is a VoIP service (Voice over Internet Protocol) that lets you make and receive calls and messages across different platforms. The coolest feature of Google Voice is it comes with a specific phone number attached to your Google account. So, when you call someone from Google Voice app, the receiver will get your Google Voice number instead of your personal number. This helps in the maintaining the privacy of your phone number.
Some other features of Google Voice are it allows you to customize the way texts and calls are received, forward calls to your Google Voice number, receive email alerts when you miss a call and send all calls to voicemail.
Set up Google Voice on iPhone
- Download the Google Voice app.
- Open it and log in using your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you need to create one before using Google Voice.
- After signing in the Google Voice app, agree to terms and conditions by clicking on “Accept”.
- In this step, you have to choose a Google Voice number which will then be linked to your Google Voice account.
- Click on “search” to search and select a number.
- Choose the city of origin so that your recipients can see the location of your Google Voice number.
- After selecting the number click on “select”. You will now be required to verify the number by linking it to your Google account.
- Enter your number when prompted. This number will be used to make calls and messages from Google Voice.
That’s it! You have successfully set up Google Voice on iPhone. For any queries, drop down a comment below. Feel free to share this articles with your followers on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook.