Gone are the days when people used to make 2 to 3 different images for their blog post. Nowadays infographics are trending. You all may have heard a phrase “A picture is worth more than 100 words”. Well, infographics are worth more than 1000 words. An Infographic is a smart way of summarizing your blog content and sharing it. We can use different combinations of charts, images, and text to create an infographic.
Most of the bloggers hire graphic designers for creating infographics which are unnecessary. There are many websites that can be used to create stunning infographics within a matter of minutes. In this tutorial, you can learn everything about designing infographics from scratch.
So let’s start with a basic question. What is an infographic?
An infographic is a visual representation of information or data as a chart or diagram. They can be used to show different timelines, patterns or trends.
Infographics aren’t new in this world. They were used in newspapers and magazines from long before. The credit goes to twitter and Facebook for bringing them to the world of internet and from then, they have become a hit among bloggers who see infographics as a medium to share their content on social media.
Advantages of Infographics
- It helps to summarize the blog content.
- Readers can get the idea of content by going through the infographics.
- Our mind processes image faster than content so readers can understand the content more easily through infographics.
- Image sharing websites like Instagram love infographics.
- Infographics make content viral on social networking websites which can help to generate huge traffic.
So now if you got a basic idea of what infographic is and how it can be useful for your blog, let’s move over to the next section which will guide you through the process of designing an infographic using the tools available online. Alternatively, you can use Adobe Photoshop for creating custom infographics.
Create Infographics Using Some Great Tools Available Online
- Piktochart: This is the best tool available online to create a classic infographic. It offers both free and paid version. The limitation in the free version is that it comes with a watermark and the paid version also has some advanced options. Piktochart has varieties of templates and pictures to choose from.
- Canva: The best thing about Canva is it provides a tutorial for creating infographics. It is also available in both paid and free versions and has varieties of illustrations to choose from.
Some Tips for Making a Cool Infographic
- Use Correct Font: Use correct font type and font size which matches with your brand style.
- Think of yourself as a reader: Before creating an infographic think how can your audience benefit from it. Don’t just create an infographic for driving traffic to your blog. If an infographic can’t impress you it won’t impress your audience either.
- Explain your Content/Product: Give a brief introduction of your content/product and surprise your readers with facts, tell them why to buy the product. You can make use of images, text, and charts.
- Use icons and symbols: Don’t use a lot of text. People generally prefer icons, symbols and images.
- Make it short and smart: Make sure that your infographic isn’t too long, avoid any unnecessary content. Keep your infographic limited to 8000 pixels.
- Share it on Social Media: Share your infographic on social media to make it viral so as to drive traffic to your blog.
I hope this post gave you an idea about creating infographics. You can share your views in the comment box.