Bought the latest model of iPhone? Congrats. Now, while using it, you feel something is missing. Then, suddenly you realize it’s your “data”. You forgot to migrate your data from your old iPhone to the new one. So, in this article, we will guide you to migrate your data from your old iPhone to the new one.
Method 1: Cloud Backup
iCloud was launched way back in 2011 and it is used to sync your iPhone content with your other devices. But, when it comes to using iCloud for transferring data from old iPhone to the new one, it causes a great pain. iCloud isn’t preferable because even if your storage is 16 GB (which is minimum), it takes a good amount of time to download this much of data.
So, we recommend you to migrate your data with the help of iTunes. Let’s discuss it below.
Method 2: Using iTunes to Migrate your Data
- A personal computer which can run iTunes.
- Enough free disk space for your backup.
- Your old iPhone.
- Your new iPhone.
- USB cable.
Backup your existing iOS device
- Launch iTunes on PC.
- Connect your old iPhone to PC.
- When you will connect your iPhone, a pop-up will appear with 2 options: Set up as new iPhone or Restore from this backup. You have to choose “set up as new iPhone” and then click continue.
- Now, tap on the “device” icon in the navigation bar.
- From the detailed, device view, look for “Backups” screen.
- In backups, click on “Encrypt iPhone Backup” and then tap “Backup now”.
Now, all your old iPhone data will be backed up on your PC.
Restore Backup on your new iPhone
- Connect your new iPhone to the PC with the help of USB cables.
- Now again the iTunes pop-up screen will appear with the same 2 option: Set up as new iPhone or Restore from this backup. Choose the “Restore from this backup” option and check whether the backup you have selected is of your old iPhone. If it is, then click continue.
- Now relax! All your data will be migrated from your old iPhone to the new one.
- After the process is completed, your iPhone will be restored automatically and some checks will be performed by iTunes.
That’s it! All your data from your old iPhone is now on your new one.