With the enormous library of applications, games, movies, music, and books available on the internet, people have ever been downloading and paying hundreds and thousands of dollars to get their piece of downloaded software ready. Many-a-times, it so happens that the user might feel an urge to use a torrent client, and just grab a torrent to easily download the file so required.
While it hurts the developers when you download pirated copies of all stuff, it isn’t always this case. Take the example of downloading free software using a torrent client. Why? Well, there might be several reasons for such. One such reason is the big file size, requiring you to download it in one go. With a torrent client, it doesn’t matter how many times you pause it, and nothing will affect the downloading content. Another reason is bad links or slow uploading connection.
Whatever the reason might be, some of the other time of the day, an average user might come at a point where he/she needs to download the required file using a torrent file, and here’s how to do it. There are many torrent clients available on the internet, but we will be using the most basic, but also the most used one, BitTorrent. Do note that we don’t insist you download pirated content, though. Let’s start.
Download Torrent Files Using BitTorrent
- Your first requirement would be whether or not you have BitTorrent installed on your computer. If you do, that’s great, but if you don’t, then head over to BitTorrent’s website, and use their installation wizard to get you started.
- Next up, you need a website that lets you have access to an enormous library of torrents. We recommend Pirate Bay or Kickass Torrents, but you could do research, and find the one which suits your need.
- Load up the torrent website, and type in the name of the file you want to download. Say, I need to download the free trial of Office 13, then just type in the suitable keywords. With the many results that load up, select the one with a positive rating, and good amounts of seeders.
- Now, you have two choices. You can either use the download button to attain the torrent file, and then launch it, which will redirect you to BitTorrent, or just use the ‘Magnet Link’ to automatically load up BitTorrent.
- Once the BitTorrent screen loads up, select your destination folder, and click on ‘Ok’.
Voila! With just a few taps here and there, you were able to download the required file using BitTorrent. Wasn’t that easy? If you think we’ve helped you, share our word around! Stay tuned for more content as such!
Read Next: Preview and Extract Files from ZIP in Google Drive