iOS vs Android. An everlasting debate. Yet, no one comes out as a winner. Such is the beauty of technology. Now, if you are someone who gave his/her heart to Android and chose Android over iOS, then my dear, welcome to the world of customization, multitasking and a whole new world of awesomeness.
Now, while making the switch from iOS to Android you shouldn’t forget to take all your data with you like your contacts, pictures, calendar etc.
Here in this article, we will talk about how you can transfer your iCloud calendar to Android. Before starting the process, make sure you have a Google account set up on your Android phone. Now, let us start with the procedure.
Process to be followed on iPhone
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Calendar.
- Now, click on Default Calendar.
- Select the Google account which you use with Google Calendar.
Process to be followed on Mac or PC
- Log into your iCloud account on your Mac or Personal Computer (PC).
- Tap on Calendar.
- Choose the Calendar which you want to share with your Google account and click on the broadcast button next to it.
- Tick the Checkbox which you see next to Public Calendar.
- Copy the URL which appears on the screen.
- Paste the URL in the address bar. Just paste it. Don’t press enter just yet.
- Replace “webcal” at the starting of URL with “http”.
- Now, you will be prompted to download a file or a file will be automatically downloaded to your PC.
- Now, again head to iCloud→Calendar→Uncheck public Calendar.
- Login to your Google account.
- On the top-right side of the screen, you will see a square button (apps button). Click on it.
- A list of apps will now be opened. Choose Calendar from them.
- Tap on the settings button on upper right of the screen.
- From the drop-down list, choose settings.
- Click Calendar →Import Calendar.
- Click on “Choose File” or “Browser”.
- Choose the file which you downloaded before from iCloud.
- Click Import.
That’s all! Your iPhone date and events are now a part of your Google Account. For any queries, drop down a comment below.