Travelling is fun, travelling is life and for some people travelling is more than all. If you’re an avid traveler, you’ll know how tough it is to find places in the alien lands. Thanks to the technology taking over, we have almost everything to make our lives a little more exciting and trouble-free. For those who travel regularly, Google Maps is the best companion to find out new places and reach their destination. But what happens when you enter an area with no Internet connectivity? Are you doomed?
Nah! Google offline maps come handy when you’re travelling to the farther side of the world where there won’t be good data connectivity. Google has introduced the offline maps feature to helps users save a part of the map for future use.¬†Moreover, the offline maps feature helps you save your data pack by making the maps offline while you’re connected to WiFi network. So, let’s learn how to save Google maps offline and use them in Android and iOS devices.
- Open Google Maps app on your device. Most of the Android devices comes with Google maps installed. If you are using an iOS device, then download and install Google maps from the store.
- Type the name of the place you want to save offline¬†in the search button.¬†Now tap on the bar at the bottom showing the place you have searched.
- Tap on the menu button (3 vertical dots) and select Save offline map. Tap on the Save button and enter the name of the offline map and tap on the Save button again. In case if the map is too large, then zoom in and save it.
- It will take few seconds and a message “Map save in Your places”¬†will appear once it’s saved.
- Once you have saved your offline map, get back to your main screen in the app by tapping on the back arrow at the upper left corner.
- Tap on the Menu icon on the top left and select Your places option. Scroll down to the bottom until you find the list of offline maps.
- Now tap on the “View all and Manage”¬†option. You can find all the offline maps listed. To rename, updated or delete the map, tap on the¬†3 vertical dots icon next to each map and select the required option.
Whenever a new update is available for the offline map, an update notification¬†will appear at the bottom of the Your places section. To clear all offline maps at once, you need to clear the app data for the ‚ÄúMaps‚ÄĚ app.
Note: Google¬†Offline Maps will be auto deleted after 30 days. So, make sure you download the latest Map before leaving for a big journey.
Isn’t it simple and useful? If you like this post, kindly share it with your peers and also comment your queries and suggestions in the below comments section.