MacOS hasÂ always been about simplicity, and about getting things done on the fly. While Windows has a plethora of options and settings to tweak with, MacOS keeps it pretty restricted. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. A good thing because you will not end up messing your Mac as often as you crash your PC. But, bad because finding some required important options in times of need gets really frustrating.
Since MacOS needs to stay clean and simple, many of the options are buried within menus, and you might not realize it unless you read a tutorial or ask for assistance. Once such important function is to be able to convert normal documents into a PDF file. While Windows has a whole bunch of third-party applications that can do the same with just a click, MacOS has this feature built right in, and all it needs is a bit of knowledge. Without any further delay, here is a quick procedure by which you will be able to convert documents into PDF files on a Mac.
Convert Documents into PDF on Mac
- The first step is to open up the required document in its native application. If you have a Word document to convert, launch Microsoft Word, and if you want a web page converted, open up Safari, and so on.
- Once you have your document ready to roll, all you need to do is print it. The Print option is available under the File menu or is accessible using the simple Command+P button shortcut on your keyboard.
- You will have a visual on a little ‘Print’ window with several options to choose from. You can also see a preview of your document to the left.Â
- Obviously, you do not need an actual print of your document. Inside the dialogue box, you will notice a little drop-down menu with the default option as PDF. Click on it to expand it, and you will have several other options.
- The most obvious option right here seems to be the one named ‘Save as PDF‘. Click on it, confirm your action, rename the new file you’ve created, and wait for a moment.
Good going! You’ve now successfully converted a normal document into a PDF file. If you have any issues with the procedure, then we are always here to guide you in the comments section down below.